A California Distinguished School 2007
Canyon High School
220 S. Imperial Hwy.
Anaheim, CA 92807
Principal: James (Craig) Abercrombie
Assistant Principals: Susan Hemans, Suena Chang, Eddie Espinosa
Canyon High School opened in 1973 and is situated on forty acres in the Southern California community of Anaheim Hills. A professional staff of 90 teachers, five counselors, four administrators, an activities director, and a media specialist serve a heterogeneous student population in grades nine through twelve.
Canyon High School emphasizes a college preparatory program while providing opportunities for a wide variety of learning experiences. Our Block Schedule encourages innovative and cross-curricular instructional practices. With a rotating even and odd day schedule, students attend 3 classes each day. Our campus includes a technology-enhanced library/media center, seven specialized computer labs, a state-of-the-art video production Mac lab, a college center, and comprehensive science facilities. In addition to traditional, Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses, Canyon High School challenges its students with unique learning opportunities the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program.
Educational technology is trademark of Canyon. The campus provides wireless internet access to students. The D.R.E.A.M. (Digital Reality Entertainment Arts and Media) program provides students practical experience in digital arts, animation, and video game design. Perhaps our greatest accolade is the fact that Canyon High School was selected as a Stellar Technology School. Canyon is one of only three schools in all the Orange County to receive this prestigious award in honor of exemplary technology program.
Our Mission: Canyon High School is committed to graduating students with the academic, interpersonal, and vocational skills necessary to compete and contribute as global citizens.
Dear Canyon High School Families,
Canyon High School is a triple “A” school which maintains a focus on Academics, Arts and Athletics. Students have excelled in each of these areas – and we continue to support all our programs with the assistance of the Canyon Education Foundation and PTSA.
At Canyon High School, we recognize the value and importance of timely and ongoing communication with parents. If you have questions or concerns regarding your children, please don’t hesitate to call or make an appointment. The following list serves as a general guideline for contacting the appropriate person:
- If you have questions or concerns regarding a particular class, the initial point of contact is the classroom teacher. Please call (714) 532-8000 and leave a voice mail message for the teacher. In addition to including a phone number in your message, it is useful to include times that you may be reached.
- The easiest way to reach teachers is by email. If you would like the email address for a particular teacher, please inquire at (714) 532-8000 or go to the Canyon High School Faculty Page.
- Please sign up for the Parent Portal by completing the Request for OUSD Parent Portal Account application available in the counseling office. It provides easy access to your child’s attendance, grades, progress reports and other key student information.
- If you have questions or concerns relating to course credit, pathways, 4-year plans, financial aid, or personal, academic, or social concerns, please contact the appropriate school counselor at (714) 532-8000. Canyon High provides grade level counseling for your students’ in which counselors stay with their students throughout the 4 years of high school. Each counselor provides a weekly ListServ email communication to parents who have opted into the program.
- Canyon High School utilizes a web-based application known as Blackboard to facilitate communication with parents. On Blackboard, teachers post their classroom management plan, classroom activities, and email address. I encourage you to visit Blackboard, the link to valuable information regularly posted by the teachers of your children.
The entire Canyon High School staff and I are looking forward to the upcoming school year as we work together “preparing our students for the global economy”.
|James (Craig) Abercrombie